Copy an Excel Table and its Formatting in Word
When you copy a table of data from Excel 2002 into Word 2002, you can choose to keep the formatting that was applied to the table in Excel, or you can match the destination table style and your table will be formatted in the Word default table style.
To copy a table from Excel to Word:
1. Open both the Word document you want to copy to and the Excel worksheet that contains the table.
2. In Excel, select the table you want to copy.
3. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
4. Switch to Word, and then click where you want the table to appear.
5. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
6. Using the Paste Options smart tag, select one of the following options:
* To keep the formatting applied in Excel, select Keep Source Formatting. (Or, to link the table so that it automatically updates with new data, select Keep Source Formatting and Link to Excel.)
* To match the style of a table already in your Word document, select Match Destination Table Style. (Or, to link the table instead of copying it, select Match Destination Table Style and Link to Excel.)
Become My Friend On Face Book